FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO LAND –
THE BCGOP IS UPPING THE GAME…
Chair’s note – Last evening the Buncombe County Republican Party took a unanimous step in an innovative direction. How we got there may be as important as what we accomplished. Here’s the result. If we can pull it off, we’re on the edge of doing some special things.
It’s a tough time for conservative voters to find a reliable place to land. We want to help.
The search begins with a sobering reality – if you want to support conservatives there is only one shop – the Republican Party. The days of conservative Democrats passed with our entry into a new century.
Though our party is the only real conservative game in town, we also recognize that Republican elected officials are not always sincere to their stated campaign promises or the principles and platform that we hold as our standard. Candidates who run as conservatives don’t always serve as conservatives.
The outcome is two-fold. Conservative voters become discouraged and complacent and volunteers can easily divide into antagonistic camps. With the latter, a compensation battle can develop whereby one group tries to make up for the other. Supporters go to “everything’s great” extremes while the principles first group goes to “throw the bums out” extremes. With the exception of the opposition, nobody wins in this back and forth power struggle.
21st century Republican office holders are thus faced with a constant barrage of criticism from the left, biased mainstream media outlets and the need to navigate a minefield of criticism from their own side. It’s an exhausting ‘can’t win’ reality for those serving at the local, state and national level.
The ultimate outcome of this internal political friction is to reward the progressive-liberal-socialist movement (Brand-X). Confused and disenfranchised voters stay home – the propagandists of the left operate without effective competition – and lost voters get swayed by the ‘something for nothing’ fantasies of Brand-X.
The Buncombe County Republican Party is taking a positive approach to changing things.
The Solution –
Last night the BCGOP Executive Committee formally approved an ‘ELECTED OFFICIALS SUPPORT POLICY.’ It’s short, sweet and neat…
BCGOP Elected Officials Support Policy
“The best way to hinder weeds is to grow good grass.”
The Buncombe County Republican Party recognizes the importance of encouraging, supporting and promoting our elected officials and candidates. We understand these men and women are our front-line defense against the extravagance, control and immorality of the left. To put action to words, the BCGOP has identified the following steps to strengthen our relationship with our elected officials.
Our focus –
- We seek to proactively, publicly and positively stand behind our officials and candidates at the local, state and national level.
- The real enemy to the traditional American success equation is infinitely more likely to have a (D) after their name than an (R).
- No elected official will achieve an idealized level of performance perfection – it’s the pattern that matters over isolated voting errors.
- It is more possible to motivate others from a relationship grounded in concern and communication over censure and criticism.
- It is in our NC Party’s Principles (Here’s a link!) and Platform (Here’s a link!) that we find our direction and common ground…
Our support process—
- Step One – We seek to learn more about our Republican elected officials’ votes and communications in order to be better informed and otherwise support their governing actions.
- Step Two – We practice the 3-1 rule – making sure that our support is consistently evidenced at a greater ratio than our constructive criticism.
- Step Three – We work to keep a keen eye on our Party’s Principles & Platform – our compass – as a conscious and consistent source of direction and unity.
- Step Four – When concerns arise that an elected official’s actions may be diverging from our unifying compass and/or campaign promises, the Chair, working in conjunction with other members of the Executive Committee, will raise our concerns privately and respectfully – in person, by phone, in writing or otherwise as the official requests. Individuals remain free to unofficially communicate concerns in the manner their conscience and good judgment supports.
The ultimate intent of this initiative is 3-fold—
- To stand by our REPUBLICANS in the face of overwhelming media/liberal attacks.
- To impair the temptations that divide us as we embrace methods that bring us TOGETHER.
- To free our collective energy for the real mission– confronting the harms of the left (Brand-X).
Thank you for your important part in helping us strengthen this effort.
You can see why we’re excited. We’ve found a positive and productive way to make sure the Republican Party – at the local, state and national level – is something you can count on – our elected officials can count on – and our volunteers can count on. The only ones who won’t be able to count on us are the increasingly out-of-touch Brand-X’ers who have long delighted in the elephant’s tug-of-war…
Conserve [v. kuh n-surv] To use or manage wisely; preserve; save