From the chair – In the mission of standing for something people can count on, the Buncombe County Republican Party of North Carolina relies firmly on our Party’s stated Principles, Platform, and Plan of Organization. We find those three points of our ‘compass’ a great help in keeping us moving in the right direction. But a compass has 4 points – not 3 – and we’ve figured out what’s missing.
This past Monday (March 26th) the BCGOP Executive Committee approved a set of individual guiding Practices that we are asking our Executive Committee members to embrace. Why? Because we are trying to create an organizational culture of good values versus a culture of personalities. There’s nothing wrong with personalities, but in the historical struggle to assert personal wills over working together – everyone loses.
All this tracks to our core missions: (1) Keeping America Great (2) Functioning as the Political Party of Normal (3) Growing good grass as the best way to counter weeds (4) Standing for something people can count on (5) Out working, out thinking and out creating our Brand-X opposition and – most importantly of all – (6) Being effective advocates for what we call The American Success Equation – Liberty + Opportunity + Responsibility = Prosperity.
We’re excited that we were so unified in our effort to create a model of successful Practices for our County Party. We’ll never be perfect at all of them all of the time – but now we have a clear compass heading for where we want to go…
Buncombe County Republican Party – Our Practices
The 4th Point of the BCGOP Compass
In an effort to strengthen our representation of the dynamic and reasoned values of the Republican Party, the B.C.G.O.P. has identified ten specific practices conducive to that mission. These guiding practices have been developed and affirmed by the 2017-19 Buncombe County Republican Party Executive Committee. We appreciate your participation on this good course and in helping us quickly reset when we miss the mark…
- We look out for one another.
- We remember that Brand-X is the real opposition.
- We challenge actions where necessary, but resist rejecting people.
- We are cultivating a culture defined by values versus personalities.
- We face problems with an eye on solutions over blame or division.
- We believe in normal and stand as a force against those who don’t.
- We know we all have darkness and light – we aim toward the latter.
- We win by out working, out creating and out thinking our opposition.
- We understand growing good grass as the best way to constrict weeds.
- We uphold our promises, principles, platform, and plan of org. – always.
With gratitude and on behalf of the 2017-2019 BCGOP Executive Committee,