What We Believe and Our Principles
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That, whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.”
– The Declaration of Independence, July 2nd 1776
Principles of the North Carolina Republican Party
We Believe… the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
We Believe… in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.
We Believe… free enterprise and the encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.
We Believe… government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of their own money they earn.
We Believe… the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be preformed by individuals or private organizations, and that the best government is that which governs least.
We Believe… the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.
We Believe… Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.
We Believe… Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.
We Believe… the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government. – Source: http://nc.gop/about/#history
13 Things That are Better About Being a Republican than Brand-X…
- We believe in big people and little government – BrandX believes in reversing that equation.
- We believe in keeping other people’s money in their pocket – BrandX believes in picking those pockets.
- We believe in climate science grounded in fact – BrandX believes in climate science grounded in popularity.
- We believe in enforcing existing laws – BrandX believes in sidestepping enforcement and creating new laws.
- We believe in helping people reach for potentials – BrandX believes in helping people reach for handouts.
- We believe in using good means to create good outcomes – BrandX believes the word good doesn’t exist.
- We believe in nature’s message that life is a bold adventure – BrandX believes life is children’s fairytale.
- We believe in earning votes with truth – BrandX believes in seducing votes with the promise of booty.
- We believe in defending liberty as a mission – BrandX believes in expanding control as an obsession.
- We believe in preserving life as a responsibility – Brandx believes in maintaining choice as a convenience.
- We believe in staying strong in a dangerous world – Brandx believes in staying stoned in a make-believe world.
- We believe in firearm & self-protection rights – BrandX believes in protecting those necessitating those rights.
- We believe in the U.S. Constitution as an inspired blueprint – Brandx believes it’s an expired inconvenience.